Tuesday, April 1, 2008

PK-12



1. Big Rock Candy Mountain
Comes from my favorite childhood album. A blogger has uploaded the entire album so you can download it to share with your own kids. My other favorite song is "Cindy."

2. Thank God I'm a Country Boy
Loved John Denver. Also loved the Muppet Show. Then they came together...


3. Popcorn
Moogy. I had no idea that this song was so significant in the history of modern pop music.

4. We Will Rock You
After a few listens, this song gets old. But I still wonder, was Queen really trying to connect with the stadium crowd?


5. La Fleur aux Dents
I had no idea that Joe Dassin was the son of director Jules Dassin, who died this week. It is Joe Dassin's "Aux Champs-Elysees" that closes the recent film "The Darjeeling Limited" and that (for a while) was a staple of french classes in high schools around the USA. He was also a fan of the all white suit.

1 comment:

Taracelsus said...

I don't know this Songs to Tickle your Funny Bone, but Teddy Bear's Picnic was my album of choice when I was 5. Also, who knew John Denver did so much with the muppets? Their Christmas collaboration was big in our house.